Sunday, August 17, 2014

Hate Phone Trees?

Feeling unknown and you're all alone
Flesh and bone by the telephone
-- Depeche Mode
You know you have an issue that requires a conversation with a real live human. No phone tree -- also called Interactive Voice Response, Integrated Voice Response, IVR, or not another freaking robot maze that is going to misunderstand my voice and will not let me go back if I hit the wrong button and so help me if it cuts me off after waiting on hold for a half hour, again, I am going to send large quantities of dog feces to the company's CEO -- can possibly resolve your issue. In frustration you may yell "operator!" or "representative!" or mash the zero button repeatedly but that may not help.

There is a site that can help, the aptly named gethuman.com. It may help you get a human fast, or at least the most efficient way that others have found.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bonus points awarded for constructive comments.