Thursday, October 9, 2014

Forty-Two

I don't know what I am I don't know where I've been
Human junk just words and so much skin
Stick my hands through the cage of this endless routine
Just some flesh caught in this big broken machine
-- Nine Inch Nails
The long dark tea-time of the soul looms in 42 days. It is my understanding that this is when I learn the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything but it would be nice to have that knowledge now. Well what's 42 more days compared with 7.5 million years...as long as the gnab gib is not nigh.

Stephen Fry knows. He knows why the answer to the question is 42 and the reason is "fascinating, extraordinary and, when you think hard about it, completely obvious." I am freaking jealous.



I miss you, Mr. Adams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bonus points awarded for constructive comments.